Wednesday, October 4, 2017

PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY DENIED!



Last evening I had my fifth Delegation to Woolwich Council in regards to methane gas issues at the Bolender Park Landfill. Council and staff have lied to the public on the few occasions when they have spoken to them at all regarding this issue. Woolwich Township's consultants Conestoga Rovers & Assoc. (CRA),purchased by GHD, have also lied and misrepresented the facts whether in their series of ten reports or in their (GHD) September 14/17 "Review" of my August 22/17 Delegation to Council. Throughout this period the Ministry of Errors and Corporate Collusion (MOECC) have been very quiet. I did send them an e-mail early in the process to formally have something on the record indicating that they had been informed. It turns out that they have been promising some kind of a report on the Bolender Landfill for some time now. I certainly have not seen it to date.

The title of today's posting is in regards to Woolwich Council. Those half dozen asses have been confidently hiding behind both their staff and their consultants. With zero understanding of what's going on they have ignored their duties to citizens around the landfill. They have been publicly challenged by me on two occasions to indicate if any of them have read the CRA reports. Zero councillors have so indicated, not even any tentative "while I've read a couple of the Executive Summaries" type bullshit. This is a large part of the reason I've continued going back to this ineffective Council on this matter. If the worst case scenario happens again in Elmira, as it did in 1989, then I don't want any of these shits being able to hide behind anyone. If there is any single councillor behind the scenes advising for a more proactive and intelligent response from his fellow idiots then I can only say good luck. You are probably going to get tarred with the same brush if and when it hits the fan.

I have not just given Council my "opinion" on this matter. Early on a couple of them tried to suggest that. Therefore I included a listing of the scientific and technical reports I was relying on for my information. I also included pages from the ten CRA reports in my Delegations providing backup to my quotes from their own consultants in regards to their recommendations and warnings. No half or more intelligent person receiving copies of my five Delegations could possibly, honestly conclude that the methane gas issue has been even remotely, properly handled. No honest person could conclude that my Delegations and concerns were anything but legitimate. Therefore what obviously must I conclude regarding Council's honesty and integrity?

I first got involved in this matter in July. My first Delegation to Council was on August 1, 2017. More than two months later I have not received either honest or accurate responses from Council or anyone else on their payroll. I have received misrepresentations, lies and deflections. I have received junk science and most probably typical CRA psuedo science. Last evening I challenged GHD to provide scientific backup (literature) suggesting that the "drainage ditch" on the east side of the landfill protects the High St. residents because during high groundwater periods allegedly it has standing water in it. Even if it did (which I doubt), what about the 90% of the rest of the year when we have both low and normal groundwater levels? That ditch is not a drainage ditch per se. It is a depression that they have exaggerated in size and depth to excuse their reprehensible, decades old neglect of this side of the landfill and potential receptors.

Allegedly we are advised verbally by proven liars that the Ministry of Environment have accepted that this ditch somehow is a natural barrier to horizontal methane migration. Please! The Ontario M.O.E. would accept that the sun rises in the west and sets in the east if it would serve their purposes. This is Elmira folks. The environmental sins and scandals have been in our faces, taps, noses and surface water for decades. The M.O.E. have exactly as much moral authority and public confidence as they deserve, which is far less than zero.

Council you are on notice. Do your duty and due diligence or else if there are any fires, explosions or other damage to citizens on High St., George St., Charles St., Riverside Dr. or any of the nearby businesses including Walco, Elmira Pet Products or #86 Auto Recycling, you will be held publicly accountable.



No comments:

Post a Comment